One of the tests we took was the Clifton StrengthsFinder. The themes I got back made a lot of sense to me and I have since then investigated if they work for me. I can definitely see where each of them resonates with me. My wife and a good friend of mine have also taken the test and they too got results that match what I believe their strengths are too.
Here are mine:
- Input - People with strong Input talents are inquisitive. They always want to know more. They crave information. They like to collect certain things, such as ideas, books, memorabilia, quotations, or facts.
- Activator - People who are especially talented in the Activator theme can make things happen by turning thoughts into action. They are often impatient.
- Focus - People who are especially talented in the Focus theme can take a direction, follow through, and make the corrections necessary to stay on track. They prioritize, then act.
- Learner - People who are especially talented in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.
- Communication - People who are especially talented in the Communication theme generally find it easy to put their thoughts into words. They are good conversationalists and presenters.