Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Where to start...

This blog is going to be a journal for me to get the things in my head out. For example, I was listening to a song this morning called, "Running just to catch myself" by Mark Shultz.

Apparently Mr. Shultz has lived this life or is an incredible researcher. His depiction of my life in his song was so close it was scary. I am a martial artist trapped in corporate America. For some reason I told myself that I wanted a career in I.T. and not a career making a little money as a martial arts instructor. Which leads me to one of my favorite quotes.

"Find something you love to do and you'll never work a day in your life." - Mark Twain

That said, I love the martial arts. A LOT. I have read every book I can get my hands on and am still finding and reading more daily. So why did I choose the corporate work rather than the martial arts. I am still not sure. Perhaps some day I will know but for now I will save that for another article later.

Anyway, this is a stream of consciousness writing and I hope in the future I will be able to get some more organized thoughts out of my head. Again this is just a way for me to get some thoughts out of my head. Eventually this will also be done in a way that will allow me to look back on my writings and reflect on what I have experienced.

Nick