Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Private Security Training - Phase 1



In Oklahoma an organization called the Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training is responsible for managing Law Enforcement training and private security minimum curricula requirements.  I am working on getting my Private Investigator's license and am currently in the Phase 1 class. 

Phase 1 is the basics of security.  Interpreting the Oklahoma Security Guard and Private Investigator Act, Responding to Accidents and Emergencies, Responding to a Fire, Writing Field Notes, Writing Reports, and Interpreting Legal Powers and Limitations. 

After that I need to take the Phase 3 class.  That class is tailored to the Private Investigator side of things.

Once done I should be able to get my licensing pretty quickly I think.  I will have to take one more class, my Phase 4 class to become an armed PI but that is less important to just getting started.  I am taking classes for a school here in Tulsa and so far I really like this facility.  They seem to be very knowledgeable regarding the material.  I look forward to Phase 3.  My buddy Clay took that class and said they had a wealth of information to share. 

This school also offers a series of Saturday classes.  I would like to take them too but they cost $250 for all the classes and I am not sure I can come up with all that right now.  Plus the Phase 3 class is also supposed to be $250.  That is $500 all in the span of a single month.  Unless I get some unforeseen windfall I don't think that is going to happen just yet.  I will have to wait and take that class early next year I think.

Fortunately Clay is going to take this class.  I will just have to pick his brain over the material once he is done with the class.  This Friday I think I am going to borrow his Phase 3 book to get a head start on the class.