Thursday, December 30, 2010

Martial Arts Study Group #2

I just thought everyone should know.  The first study group went very well.  I covered a pretty good sized survey of concepts rather than going in depth on any single topic.  The next session is on the calendar for Saturday, January 15th from 9am to 12pm.

This time I am going to go a bit more in depth over techniques taught in Heian Nidan (Pinan Shodan).  We will cover the concept several key points in the kata but the focus will be on the basic strategies learned from kata analysis, also called Bunkai.

I have three key points I want to cover and here is my plan for what I wish to cover:
  • Operational Conditioning as taught by the kata. (30 min)
  • What is a policy statement in kata? (1 hour)
  • How do they apply in a real fight?  (Miller One-Step) (1.5 hours)
I hope to have a few more people this time.  If you know someone in the area that might enjoy the class please spread the word.  The more people we can get the better.