- Mawashi Geri or Roundhouse kick using the shin as a point of contact - Muay Thai and Lua
- Muay Thai - the kick comes around from the side and in the class I was in was usually aimed at the midpoint of the thigh.
- Lua - the kick is performed differently, this kick instead of traveling a flat plane from the side into the target it travels up and into the target at an angle. Using gravity to hold the person into the kick this is supposed to make the person getting kicked receive more of the kinetic energy of the kick.
- Shuto Uchi or Knife Hand Strike - Karate
- OC - The chambered position of this technique is a technique all by itself. Combining the two makes this technique very effective.
- I like open hand strikes and this one is a good one. I have dropped people with it a few times.
Uchi Kaiten Nage
- Uchi Kaiten Nage or Inner rotary throw -Aikijutsu and Goshin Ryu Aikido
- Example, move into a clinch with the opponent, wedge in and strike the side of the neck with a forearm. Once the person struck is off balance from the strike keep pressing so that they do not recover. Make a circle with the head to the opponent's hip opposite the direction of the initial hit.
- Moroude Uchi Uke or Double Inner Forearm Block - Goju Ryu Karate, Shotokan Karate
- This is one of the first movements in Sanchin and it can be with hands open or closed depending the the application or style since other schools teach it as well.
- The main reason I like this move is that I can feel a great deal of strength in it.
- Nami Ashi Geri or Returning Wave Kick - Shotokan Karate
These are just some of my favorites, there are plenty more but these are some of the things that stand out to me. What are some of your favorite things about the martial arts? Particular techniques you like, stances, punches, drills, anything? Put a few of your favorites in comments if you have a moment.