Saturday, September 20, 2014

Blazing My Own Trail

My wife started a new business and I am so proud of her cause if you have never done anything like this it can be pretty intimidating and scary. To make matters worse, there are those who will give un-solicited advice that have never even attempted anything of this nature. One gentleman in particular has told Tiffani that she is doing things all wrong "I have never tried to start a business of my own but if I did I would..."

To be fair there are a lot of lessons to learn when starting a new endeavor. But if you never start, you will never learn what you do not know. It is SO much harder to find all the answers when you do not know what questions to ask. Do not misunderstand, it is good to prepare, however, as it is mentioned in the book "Poke the Box" (paraphrased) there is a point when you have to act, even if you feel you are not ready.

Regarding that line of thought, this is a particular lesson I really like and I think it is one of the first lessons that should be grasped in order to be successful at any venture.

"entrepreneurship is the pursuit of opportunity beyond resources controlled"

I honestly think that this is a good attitude to have for life in general. It is something that I am working on and it is something I hope to master in my lifetime. Replace entrepreneurship with other concepts and it still makes sense to me. 

Perhaps I will post more about this in time. Think about the quote and please feel free to post comments.